- 05 Mar
Welcome Home Capital Campaign Update
2017 was a very successful year for the Saint Luke’s Place Foundation Welcome Home Capital Campaign, bringing us one step closer to our multi-year goal in support of the Saint Luke’s Place Long-Term Care Redevelopment Project.
– We received campaign donations and pledges from our community, including: Cambridge Highland Lions Club, Galt-Cambridge Lions Club, Independent Order of Odd Fellows Cambridge Lodge #188, Saint Luke’s Place Auxiliary, St. James Lutheran Church, The Company of Neighbours, The Great Hespeler Reunion 2016, KinClub of Cambridge (Preston)
– Our 4th Annual Generations Walk-and-Roll-a-Thon was bigger and better than ever. With “walkers” and “rollers” of all ages, we had great participation from residents, tenants, families, friends, staff and community.
– The Foundation’s inaugural Charity Ball, with a Masquerade theme, was a “sold-out” success! With 150 guests, including many loyal donors, community leaders, corporate supporters, and many new friends, it was a night to remember!
We are excited to announce that as of February 2018, our campaign has reached the $1.2 million milestone! We still have a long way to go, but with your continued support, our campaign will achieve its goal to support the expansion and revitalization of our long-term care home.
OUR CASE FOR SUPPORT
With so many charities and good causes in today’s world, you may wonder what is the “case for support” that makes Saint Luke’s Place Foundation worthy of your generous support?
Reinvestment in Care
– Not-for-profits use every surplus dollar to enhance and expand their services and operation.
Not-for-profit Homes such as Saint Luke’s Place re-invest in ourselves to enhance or increase the level of service provided; not- for-profits typically contribute additional resources to their operations, in areas such as staffing and equipment, to further enhance the level of care and service provided.
– We believe that services in the community should be governed by the people who live in and care about that community.
– Saint Luke’s Place is governed by a board of directors, made up of local volunteer board members who give of their skills, experience and expertise to guide our organization in the best interests of the community we serve.
Strong Community Support
– Grassroots support of not-for-profits comes in many forms, including active involvement by local volunteers and generous financial contributions from friends and donors.
Saint Luke’s Place, through its Foundation, has relied upon the generous support of our community for over 25 years.
Innovation and Excellence
– Not-for-profits are leaders in making services available to seniors living in the community to help them remain in their homes for as long as possible.
– Saint Luke’s Place is a leader in developing and delivering innovative programs that meet the specific needs of our community. We believe in quality care and services tailored to the individual; those we care for deserve more than a one-size- fits-all approach.
Choice for Ontarians
– Current data reveals that close to 70 per cent of people on the wait list for a long-term care bed in Ontario identified a not-for-profit Home as their first choice.
– Saint Luke’s Place Long-Term Care waitlist has ballooned to 150% of current capacity in recent years, reflecting the community’s strong preference for the quality of care we provide.
“The people of Ontario and their Government are committed to the promotion of the delivery of long-term care home services by not-for- profit organizations.” (Preamble, Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007)