Director of Fundraising and Development
The Director of Development is responsible for the day-to-day functions of the fundraising program for Saint Luke’s Place, to build and maintain a support base to perpetuate and advance the mission of the organization. The Director of Development shall report directly to the CEO who will lead and support the strategic plan for all development activities.
The Director of Development is responsible for developing and managing an annual and planned giving program, executing the successful completion of their portion of the capital campaign. This includes assisting with the recruitment of campaign volunteer leadership, prospect identification and research, donor engagement strategies, and tracking campaign progress.
- University graduate in a relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and expertise. CFRE designation a definite asset.
- A minimum of 9 years direct fundraising experience, with at least 3 years of experience in a managerial capacity.
- Minimum 7-9 years of experience in major gift fundraising.
- Demonstrated relationship management skills and proven track record of working effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and as a team, in a goal-oriented environment.
- Advanced computer proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Results-oriented and a creative thinker.
- Fundraising experience, knowledge and connections in the Waterloo Region is a definite asset.
The Director of Development must demonstrate commitment to our values and whole-heartedly and enthusiastically support Saint Luke’s Place mission and vision. In partnership with the CEO, and during the campaign, with Fundraising Committee, the Director of Development will:
- Create a charitable culture across the organization.
- Establish and manage an Annual Giving and Planned Giving program.
- Manage prospects, including the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of lead and major gift donors.
- Explore and solicit funds from government and foundation programs through effective grant applications.
- Partner effectively with a wide range of key internal and external stakeholders to articulate the unique elements of Saint Luke’s Place and its impact.
- Collaborate closely with the CEO and with the Fundraising Committee during the campaign, to ensure all annual giving and campaign communications, materials and events are consistent and aligned with the overall brand and communications strategies.
- Assist with the successful completion of the capital campaign by:
- Collaborating closely with the Fundraising Committee and members of the Saint Luke’s Place leadership team to ensure alignment and the overall success of the fundraising program.
- Helping to ensure the success of the volunteer Campaign Leadership Team for their portion of the Campaign.
- Assist in supporting Campaign Leadership Team volunteers, Board, CEO and others with briefing notes, proposals, and arrangements for meetings with donors and prospects.
- While the initial focus of the position will clearly be on the campaign to be rolled out during 2022-23, once that has been successfully completed, the focus of the position will shift to developing and managing a permanent, professional fundraising development capacity for the future that is appropriate to the nature of Saint Luke’s Place.