Fundraising and Development Assistant
POSITION TITLE: Fundraising and Development Assistant
REPORTS TO: Director of Fundraising and Development
The Fundraising and Development Assistant, under the direction of the Director of
Fundraising and Development, is responsible for administrative related duties and supports the Director of Fundraising and Development, Board of Directors, and internal and external fundraising and redevelopment committees. The Fundraising and Development Assistant is also responsible for coordinating special projects and events.
· Undergraduate degree in relevant discipline, College Diploma in office management and business administration, or relevant experience.
· 3 years of Executive Administrative Support Services.
Saint Luke's Place encourages its employees to take an active interest in community and local events and to familiarize themselves with facilities similar to
Saint Luke's Place in the community.
The foregoing description reflects the general duties necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be construed to be all of the work requirements that may be inherent in this classification.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24.00-$30.00 per hour
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage conflicting priorities.
· Proficiency in the use of a personal computer and software programs including
Microsoft Office Suite, internet, and email.
· Ability to work flexible hours.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Knowledge of Long-Term Care industry.
· Intimate knowledge of corporate governance and board/executive relationship management.
· Demonstrated ability to build relationships and collaborate across all levels of the organization.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Prepare for and attend meetings of the Board of Directors and Fundraising and
Redevelopment Committees as follows through: i) Liaison with Board and/or Committee members. ii) Notifying Board Members of Board and/or Committee meetings that have been called. iii) Informing any required staff members of Saint Luke's Place and ensuring the meeting room and any ancillary requirements for the meeting have been provided. iv) Manage board/committees’ calendars, meetings, packages, and minutes. v) Filing and storing of all Board and committee related information.
2. Serve as Assistant to the Director of Development and Fundraising of Saint
Luke's Place and fundraising and redevelopment committees by: i) Promptly screening and distributing incoming mail. ii) Reviews mail/email of Director of Development and Fundraising in their absence, referring non-personal items to the appropriate management team leaders. iii) Provide accurate word-processing support by composing and editing a variety of documents. This may include highly confidential correspondence, memoranda, contracts, project tracking, proposals, and tenders. iv) Taking and distributing meeting minutes.
8. Participate on various committees as requested and required.
9. Organize and coordinate special events (i.e., BBQ, walk-a-thon, charity golf tournament, etc.).
15. Coordinate and manage various projects as needed (i.e., documentation, organization, administrative support).