Registered Nurse Manager
The Nurse Manager position must be held by a Registered Nurse, and the role is accountable to the Director of Care; directs nursing practice and processes in the delivery of a high standard of nursing and personal care in accordance with the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care, College of Nurses of Ontario and Canadian Council on Health Accreditation Standards.
- Graduate from a recognized school of nursing with a current registration as a Registered Nurse in the Province of Ontario.
- Ability to establish a high standard of nursing practice and personal care.
- Must have strong leadership, team building and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in written form.
- Computer proficiency is essential.
- Must have excellent time management skills.
- Must possess critical decision-making ability to provide the full range of potential care requirements, assess changes, re-establish priorities, and recognize the need for additional resources when required.
- Considerable and recent experience in geriatric nursing preferred.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Direct, on a 24-hour basis, Nursing practice of Regulated Health Care Practitioners and Non-regulated Health Care Practitioners to deliver a high standard of nursing and personal care.
- Direct, monitor, and maintain nursing and personal care documentation to meet resident needs and as it relates to MOH classification/funding requirements.
- Direct nursing operations ensuring that all units are supplied with all required resources/equipment and provide direction regarding its planning control and continuity on a 24-hour basis.
- Monitor quality of nursing care in compliance with the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care Standards and departmental policies and procedure.
- Responsible for monitoring staffing requirements, call-in procedures, and deployment of staff, communicating with RPN Team Leaders.
- Participate in the orientation, mentoring, and ongoing evaluation of new staff as required, including performance monitoring.
- Effective communicator, with regular communications with Nursing and Management teams to ensure quality, compliance with Ministry of Health, Retirement and Long Term Care Standards.
- Promote communication within the units, with other community agency services and ensure team meetings are held to share information, generate ideas for change, communicate safety and security procedures and coordinate this input.
- Uphold Saint Luke’s Place policies and procedures as directed.
- Maintain professional standards and apply them in a fast paced, changing environment, assessing residents, keeping accurate and timely documentation.
- Familiarity with Occupational Health and Safety policies, procedures and legislation including roles and responsibilities of supervisors.
- Other duties as assigned.