Personal Support Worker
Insert job summary here
- Applicants must have proof of completion of a recognized Personal Support Worker Certificate Program.
- An efficient team worker
- Able to relate effectively to residents, visitors, co-workers, and supervisors with dignity, respect, and compassion.
- Dependable, punctual, trustworthy,
- Available to work a variety of shifts including evenings, nights, and weekends.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in the overall activation process promoting the highest level of physical, social and emotional well-being and lifestyle chosen by the resident.
- Communicate satisfactorily with co-workers and residents.
- Observe and report changes in resident’s physical, emotional, social conditions and abilities; documents changes and care given.
- Cooperate with staff of all departments as a team player; demonstrate responsibility for provision of quality care.
- Perform tasks to the highest standard for which the PSW has been prepared by her/his education and ongoing training at Saint Luke’s Place.
- Observe and report to the Team Leader or Charge Nurse concerns about unsafe conditions, equipment or practices of fellow staff members.
- Know the fire emergency procedures and required response.
- Respect the right and need for privacy, independence, integrity and friendship of residents.
- Exercise care in use of Saint Luke’s Place equipment and residents’ belongings.
- Participate in team meetings, attend in-service education.
- Be regular and punctual in attendance at work; complete assigned tasks and duties in a timely manner.
- Observe and work within the guidelines of the Health & Safety Program, including proper reporting of accidents and participation in Early & Safe Return to Work plans (WSIA)